DCAS journal 11 : interactivity ? 2

Now, that I know that I am going to make an interactive serie and my characters I had to focus on characters breakdown + interactive script. 

1. character breakdown
Mostly because I felt it was time for to know who exactly they were going to be, act, talk etc.
Indeed, now that the moments are defined - now the question was how are they going to react to those moments ? Is it going to be different ?
What would Hontil react to racial stereotypes ? Would he be hurt, concerned, insensitive, playful ? What kind of man is he ? Does he hide a part of himself ? Why would he ? Inferiority complex ? Rough childhood or just pure mediocrity ?
What about Jamil ? Why is he trying to connect with the world so much ? Is he trying to fill a void ? emotional void ? How is he going to understand that he only got himself ? Does he already know how the world can be a lonely place ? All those questions are of course going to be answered through episodes because at the end it's a road to identity -so they are going to know and understand themselves at the same as us, the audience. But I wanted some basic context as well because I feel like it gives structure to the project.

2. Interactive script

For this part, the biggest question I asked myself is how many choices is the audience going to have ? It seems like a simple question but it is central in interactive script. And of course, what type of choice ? I felt like I didn't want to give to the audience mere choices such as the type of cereals (ndlr: Black mirror, bandersnatch) because it would be superficial and that is not why I am choosing interactivity for this project, on the contrary. So how many ? and how many for episodes ? That's where I felt like the more it would be and the less it would tell about the story and the purpose of each episode.

So I came up with this motto:
1 episode = 1 choice
schema of how the interactivity would take place
So the audience would have 1 choice per episode - leading the whole episode. Basically 2 versions episodes for each of them. This is an example for the first character.