DCAS journal 10: writing, writing, refining, writing, refining, writing ?

Like I said in my previous stated, screenwriting is the key point of any project. 
I knew that the prologue of the serie would be as important as the first episode. Unfortunately, the first character is living in Paris and for the first unit I didn't get to film the scene that I actually want to film. So I decided to focus on writing the prologue for the second character: it's started with the man on the bike.
I thought I wanted to focus on his face, facial expressions etc but after thoughtful process and mainly my inability of taking videos while he was on the bike, I thought why not not see his face at all or only his profile. Let the audience imagine how he would look like for this prologue and make it an object of curiosity. Who is he ?

I thought that the only thing that the audience would have is his voice, talking about his feelings and state of mind for them to understand what kind of character, this Jamil might be.

In order to refine it, I watched videos about voice - over and went outside again and again. My inspiration would mainly come from what I was seeing and not from what I was writing. So my process was more
      seeing, writing, seeing, writing, refining,            writing, seeing, refining 
As a visual artist, I believe that a work can always refined and will always be refined by others through feedback, critics. But I thought for this project in the process of refining, I didn't to polish it. I want something raw, real and authentic. 
To be honest, I feel like I am one of those who plan what she is going to do just to have more freedom on set, if that makes sense. 

so I wrote the basics of what I want to see but then when I went outside to film with my partner and mostly during editing, I changed or evolved to something else because the energy that I had filming it was different than the energy I had writing it.
That is why, I wanted to play with colors, length and effect when I was editing it.